Learn and practice Data Interpretation Courses, Data Interpretation, Aptitude preparation, Pie Charts questions and answers with explanation for interview,placement test,online test,competitive examination and entrance test
In this type of data interpretation, the total quantity is distributed over 360 degrees and only one parameter can be depicted in it like Percentages of various things with respect to the total quantity, Shares contributed by various companies for a particular quantity etc.
The value of various elements can be depicted in pie chart in degrees such that
100% = 360 => 1% = 3.6 degree
1. About how many degrees (to the nearest degree) are in the angle of the sector representing mortgages?
Answer : option C
Explanation : Mortgages --> 58.6%
Therefore 58.6% of 360 degrees = (58.6/100) X 360 = (0.586) (360) = 210.9 degrees.
This is nearest to 211. Therefore the answer is C.
2. The annual rate of interest from "other assets" is 4.8%. If the total assets of the bank are 57.6 million dollars, what is the annual income (in dollars) from "other assets"?
Answer : option A
Explanation : Total assets = $57.6 million.
Other assets=3% of total assets = $ 1.728 million.
4.8% of $1.728 million = $ 0.082944 million or $ 82944.
3. The average annual interest on mortgage investments is m% and the average annual interest on the mortgage bond investment is b%. If the annual interest on the bond investment is x dollars, how many dollars are invested in mortgages?
Answer : option E
Explanation : Amount invested in bonds = $(100x/b).
Therefore the amount invested in mortgages must be $(58.6/29.3) (100x/b) = $ 200x/b.
4.About how many degrees (to the nearest degree) are in the angle of the sector representing cash on hand?
Answer : option B
Explanation : (3.9%) of 360 degrees. = (0.0369 (360)=14.04.
This is nearest to 14. Therefore the answer is B.
Use the information provided in the two pie charts provided below. The total contribution to the GDP by the seven sectors mentioned in the pie charts in the year 1999 was Rs.289640 crores and Rs.317000 crores in the year 2000.
1. Which of the industrial sectors witnessed the maximum rate of growth during the period 1999-2000
b. Software & IT
c. Ad & media
2. Which of the industrial sectors witnessed a negative growth during the period 1999-2000?
3. What was the rate of growth witnessed by the Software & IT sector during this period?
4. What was the rate of growth witnessed by the Petroleum sector during this period?
5. What was the rate of growth shown by the non-petroleum sectors between 1999-2000?
Directions (6-10): The pie charts above show the percentage of students in each faculty at North West University and the number of non-US students in the Arts faculty. These percentages have been rounded to the nearest whole number. There are a total of 1049 students in the Arts faculty. Use this information to answer the following questions.
6. What percentage of students in the Arts faculty are non-US students?
7. How many students are there in the Engineering faculty?
8. How many students are there at the university?
9. If six percent of Science students are Asian. How many Asian students are there studying Science?
10. There are 34 European medical students. What percentage of the faculty does this represent?
1.b; 2.c; 3.d; 4.b; 5.c; 6.d; 7.b; 8.b; 9.d; 10.d