Philips General Paper
1.6*12*15 is the volume of some material.How many cubes can be inserted into that?
2.Two pipes can fill a tank in 10 1nd 12 hours while third pipe will make the tank empty in 20 hours.If all three pipes operate simultaneously,in how many hours the
tank will be filled ?
Ans.7hours 30 minutes.
3.Diameter of a beaker is 7cm. Mambler(some instrument)dia is 1.4cm.How many mamblers has to be put to increase the water level by 5.6cm.
4.Cost of an item is x. It's value increases by p% and decreases by p%Now the new value is 1 rupee, what is the actual value.
5.A right circular cylinder and a cone are there.Base radius of cone is equal to radius of cylinder.What is the ratio of height to slant side.
6.Distance between two poles is 50 meters.A train goes by 48 kmph in one minute.How many poles will be crossed by the train.
7.A pole seen from a certain distance at an angle of 15 degrees and 100 meters ahead by 30 degrees. What is th height of pole.
8.15 people--each has to pay Rs.20.. 20 people--each has to pay Rs.18.. for 40 people--how much has to pay ?
9.if p=2q then q=r*r,if p-odd then q is even,whether we decide r is even or odd ?
choices:a)first condition is sufficient
b)second condition is sufficient
c)both are sufficient
d)both are not sufficient
10.What is the value of m given that
i) m is devided by 2
ii) m is devided by 5
Ans: none of these
11.If he sells 40 magoes, he will get the selling price of 4 mangoes extra, What is his %
increse in profit ?
12.100 glasses are there. A servant has to supply glasses to a person If he supplies the glasses without any damage he will et 3 paise otherwise he will loose 3 paise.At the end of supplying 100 glasses if he gets 270 paise, how many glasses were supplied safely.
Some questions on reasoning
1.Fastest logic ..
22.214.171.124.62 type of IP address belong to which class.
3.Mod K ring counter requres how many number of flipflops.
4.ftp is in application layer.
5.Problem related to Ternary operations.
6.Problem related to macro # define square x x*x.
7.Problem related to 5 pointers..refer Page.123 of C prog.,by Keringan and Ritchie.
8.Ideal op-amp CMRR.
9.13-bit DAC MSB resistance 2kohms.LSB resistance ?
Ans: 2k * 2 to the power of 12.
so take care of all the things
section I and section II and sec III
Questions r not in sequence .................
1. forall(roar(x)=> lions(x)) what does it mean ?
ans all lions roar .
2. p<=>q read about this
3. when 2 dice r thrown atleast one of them shows 6 probability is
4.2's complement of a 2's complement number is
ans . same no.
5. internatioaal court is at -----------
6. Meaning of ambasador ?
uca ( u can ans)
7. automata DFA dia is given
ans most probably B. chec
( uca )
9. No of page faults asked by giving the sequence 2 3 6 7 1 3 4 8 9 10 3 2 4 ( just for example I have given this seq .) thro LRU.
ans 6 ( corect).
10.problem in scheduling RR , a sequence is given just like abovewith time slice of 1 and completion period for a process is asked
ans . 11
11.A directory has write permission then a user can create a file.
13. Bubble sort is given ., No of times it executes
ans . n(n-1)/2
14. The appriximate ratio for no of internal nodes to total no of nodes in k-ary tree of depth n.
15. what is fidelity
16 what is microprogram.
17. joke :: laugh
ans. cracker : blast
18. question on deadlock
19. How do u remove a ghost in t.v
u check ( clue. ghost means shadow of pictures i.e
20. Queston about a familiy eric, koren, davis etc .
ans . for first one of question. mother
21. If a channel has 2400 bauds what is the data rate it support. check in data commn book stalins
22. if Band width is w what is data rate
23. A graph is given u have to answer
shotest path a to f ans. none of these
shotest path between a to f ans. 17
shortest path between b to f ans . 16
meanings of tact , grudging check
Section 1 - Electronics and Mathematics - 20 questions
section 2 - Computer Science
section 3 - Aptitude
Electronics and computer science
1. A circuit was given with lot of flip-flops etc and the operation of that circuit was asked.
2. 15 software functions are there. It is known that atleast 5 of them are defective. What is the probability that if three functions are chosen and tested, no errors are uncovered.
Ans : 10 * 9 * 8
-- -- --
15 14 13
d) all of the above
2. The number of nodes in a k-level m-ary binary tree is :
A graph was given and questions regarding shortest path was asked.For one question shortest path was asked and the answer is none of the above. Overall the question paper was easy.
1.What is your strengths and weaknesses
2.What are the values u respect
3.Site a reason why philips should hire u
4.What will u do if u are asked to manage a project which will definitely
skip its deadline.
Technical (for me):
1.What is runtime locatable code?
2.What is volatile, register definition in C
3.What is compiler and what its output.