Nasscom Nac-Tech learn and practice free questions Section 1 - Verbal Ability
Section 1 - Verbal Ability
Directions for Questions 1-5: Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
Libyan leader Moammar Gadhafi, after secret negotiations with the United States and Britain, agreed to halt his nation's drive to develop nuclear and chemical weapons and the long-range missiles to deliver them, President Bush and Prime Minister Tony Blair said on Friday. Bush said pointedly, .I hope other leaders will find an example. in the action.
Libya.s most significant acknowledgment was that it had a program intended to enrich uranium for use in nuclear weapons, a senior Bush administration official said.
Libya.s nuclear effort was more advanced than previously thought, the official said. U.S. and British experts inspected components of a centrifuge program to enrich the uranium, though the system was not operational, the official said, briefing reporters at the White House on condition of anonymity.
Blair, speaking from Durham, Britain, and Bush, addressing reporters in the White House briefing room, described a process of nine months of secret talks and onsite inspections, initiated by the long reviled Libyan leader shortly after he agreed to a settlement in the 1988 bombing of a Pan Am jet over Lockerbie, Scotland.
In the decision announced on Friday by all sides, Libya agreed to disclose all its weapons of mass destruction and related programs and to open the country to international weapons inspectors to oversee their elimination.
"Colonel Gadhafi.s commitment, once it is fulfilled, will make our country more safe and the world more peaceful", said Bush. Recalling the war in Iraq, Bush said other nations should recognize that weapons of mass destruction "do not bring influence or prestige. They bring isolation and unwelcome consequences."
1) The secret talks between Libya and US & Britain led to:
A) Colonel Gaddafi surrendering to the Interpol
B) Bush deciding to reveal all nuclear and chemical weapons related programs in the US
C) Libya agreeing to halt its nuclear and chemical weapons programs
D) Libya agreeing to supply all its nuclear weapons to the US and Britain
2) According to Bush, weapons of mass destruction:
A) Bring peace
B) Bring solidarity in a nation
C) Develop a nation's resistance to rogue states
D) Bring isolation and unwelcome consequences
3) How much time did it take for the US & Britain to persuade Libya to halt its nuclear and chemical weapons program?
A) 2 months
B) 6 months
C) 9 months
D) 12 months
4) Libya had all of the following EXCEPT programs for:
A) Nuclear weapons development
B) Chemical weapons development
C) Long range missiles development
D) Biological weapons development
5) The bombing of the Pan Am jet happened in:
D) New York
Directions for Questions 6-9: Choose the option, which will CORRECTLY fill the blank.
6) My brother is coming _____ Monday.
7) I was never very good at any sports at school _______ badminton.
A) Except for
D) Apart from
8) This plant is similar to the one in our garden, _______ that the leaves are bigger.
9) The police suspect him ______ the crime.
Directions for Questions 10-12: Choose the word nearest in meaning to the word in ITALICS from the given options.
10) There can be no efficacious remedy for the unemployment problem in a country, which has no ideological convictions.
11) The horrendous accident scene left a sick feeling in the stomachs of all bystanders.
12) Kim hoped that nobody had witnessed what she had done.
Directions for Questions 13-15: Choose the answer option, which will CORRECTLY fill the blank.
13) __ winter temperature falls below zero degrees in __ city of Srinagar.
A) An, a
B) The, the
C) The, an
D) An, the
14) Anil had __ opportunity to enter__ Cambridge University but he did not take it.
A) A, the
B) The, a
C) The, the
D) An, the
15) __ seminar hosted by __ Softlab Group explored the business opportunities of __ BPO industry.
A) The, a, the
B) A, the, the
C) A, the, an
D) An, the, the
Section 2 - Analytical & Numerical Ability
16) If 7% of A is 42, then find 27% of A.
17) The price of a computer varies depending on the additional configurations. If a DVD drive is included, the price increases by 10% and comes to Rs. 10000. What is the price of the computer excluding the DVD drive?
A) Rs. 9191
B) Rs. 8181
C) Rs. 9000
D) Rs. 9090.90
18) A man buys a watch for Rs.135. His overhead expenses were Rs.50. If he sells the watch for Rs.254, what is his approximate profit/loss in percent?
A) 39% profit
B) 37% profit
C) 37% loss
D) 39% loss
19) Rajesh generates 200 question papers in a day if he works for 9 hours. If he works for 12 days and for 8 hours each day, how many question papers would he generate?
20) One-third of the marks obtained by Naveen in maths is the same as the marks he obtained in English. If the total marks obtained by him in both the subjects is 160, the marks he obtained in English is:
D) None of the options
Directions for Questions 21-24: Read the following information and answer the questions that follow:
Dinesh, Kunal, Nitin, Atul and Prashant are standing on a playground, facing the north direction in the manner described below.
(i) Kunal is 40 metres to the right of Atul.
(ii) Dinesh is 60 metres to the south of Kunal.
(iii) Nitin is 25 metres to the west of Atul.
(iv) Prashant is 90 metres to the north of Dinesh.
21) Who is to the north-east of the person who is to the left of Kunal?
D) None of the options
22) A boy walks from Nitin, meets Atul followed by Kunal, Dinesh and then Prashant. How many metres has he walked, if he has travelled straight all through?
A) 145 meters
B) 155 meters
C) 175 meters
D) 215 meters
23) If a girl walks from Dinesh and meets Prashanth, whom will she need to pass through?
D) None of the options
24) If Dinesh starts walking towards Atul, in what direction would he head?
25) If MASTER is written as 1201821619, what is the code for DOCTOR?
Directions for Question 26: Given below are four figures, of which three are similar and the fourth one is different. Find the odd figure.
Directions for Question 27: In the following questions, three figures are given, that follow a certain sequence or pattern. Find the next figure in the sequence from the answer choices provided below.
Directions for Question 28: Each question has two statements and some conclusions. Choose the conclusion that logically follows:
28) All actors are singers.
Some dramatists are actors.
A) Some singers are dramatists.
B) Some dramatists are actors and singers.
C) All singers are actors.
D) None of the options
Directions for Question 29: Assuming the statement given in each question to be true, point out the inference as one of the following:
(D)- None of the options
29) Statement: Some journalists are actors.
Inference: Some journalists are not actors.
Directions for Question 30:In the following questions, mark:
1, if statement I alone can help determine the conclusion
2, if statement II alone can help determine the conclusion
3, if statement I and II taken together can help determine the conclusion
4, if none of the statements, taken together or separately, can help determine the conclusion
30) Conclusion: Rohith enjoys riding bikes.
Statement I: All boys enjoy riding bikes.
Statement II: Rohith is studying in St. Joseph’s Boys’ High School.
Section 3 - Learning Ability
Directions for Questions 31-35: Read the passage and answer the questions that follow on the basis of the information provided in the passage.
Podcasting is a method of publishing via the Internet, allowing users to subscribe to a feed of new files (usually MP3s). It became popular in late 2004, largely to automate downloading of audio onto portable players or personal computers.
The word "podcasting" is a portmanteau that combines the words "broadcasting" and "iPod." The term can be misleading since neither podcasting nor listening to podcasts requires an iPod or any portable music player. For that reason, since September 2004 various writers have suggested reinterpreting the letters POD to create "backronyms" such as "Personal On-Demand.
Podcasting is distinct from other types of online media delivery because of its subscription model, which uses the RSS 2.0 XML (or RDF XML) format to deliver an enclosed file. Podcasting enables independent producers to create self-published, syndicated "radio shows," and gives broadcast radio programs a new distribution method. Listeners may subscribe to feeds using "podcatching" software (a type of aggregator), which periodically checks for and downloads new content automatically. Some podcatching software is also able to synchronise (copy) podcasts to portable music players. Any digital audio player or computer with audio-playing software can play podcasts.
Podcasting’s initial appeal was to allow individuals to distribute their own "radio shows," but the system is increasingly used for other reasons, including:
* A new outlet for commercial and public radio stations.
* A way for news organizations to distribute audio as an addition to their existing text (or mostly-text) news products.
* Broadcasters creating programming that they wouldn’t get away with otherwise.
31) What does POD in Podcasting stand for?
C) Personal on Demand
D) None of the options.
32) How is Podcasting different from other online media?
A) It is subscription driven
B) It uses RSS 2.0 XML
C) It delivers an enclosed file.
D) All the options
33) Which of these is not a use of Podcasting?
B) Getting around copyright issues
C) New outlet for commercial radio stations
D) New method for news distribution
34) What is a podcatcher?
A) An aggregator software
B) A case used to hold the iPOD
C) A media to listen to podcasts
D) A method to publish podcasts
35) Which of these is not a feature of podcatching software?
A) Periodically checks for Podcasts
B) Automatically download Podcasts
C) Publish new Podcasts
D) Synchronise Podcasts onto portable music players