Mahindra and Mahindra Ltd Written Test Questions
1.There are total 15 people. 7 speaks french and 8 speaks spanish. 3 do not speak any language. Which part of total people speaks both languages.
2. A jogger wants to save ?th of his jogging time. He should increase his speed by how much %age.
Ans: 33.33 %
3. A is an integer. Dividing 89 & 125 gives remainders 4 & 6 respectively. Find a ?
4. In a office work is distribute between p persons. If 1/8 members are absent then work increased for each person.
5. 120, 315, 300, 345, ? ?- 390
6. A is shorter than B but taller than E, D is tallest, C is just shorter than A, who is shortest or similar questions?
7. Rectangular box, 25*20*2 converted in to cylinder of dia 10? what is height in terms of ?pai?
8. If 8men 8hrs per day works for 8days get 45/- then how many men required if the work is 5hrs per day for10days they get 60/-?
9. A person sold an item at a profit of 12% .If he sold it at a loss of 12% then he would get Rs.6/- less. What is the cost price?
10. (1 ½ /((3/4-2/5 )/(2/3+4/5))) * ((2 ¾/((4/3-2/5 )/(5/3+6/5))) (Numbers different)
11. Avg age of X number of adults in a class is 30yrs. If 12 new adults with avg age of 32 joined with them then the avg age increases by one. Find X?
12. A sphere of radius 2cms is dropped into a cylinder of radius 4 cms containing water upto certain level. The raise in the water level is (not sure)
13.. In a school there are 1000 students in the year 1999. The number of students increased by 20% in the year 2000. And it is increased by 15% in the year 2001. But it is decreased by 18% in 2002. Then what is the strength in 2002.(numbers may diff
14. I have 20 rupees. I bought 1, 2, 5 rupee stamps. They are different in numbers by the reason of no change, the shop keeper gives 3 one rupee stamps. So how many stamp(s) I have.
15. An Engine length 1000 m moving at 10 m/s. A bird is flying from engine to end with x kmph and coming back at 2x. Take total time of bird traveling as 187.5 s. Find x and 2x.
16. All persons know either swimming or rowing.There are 14 persons who know only swimming and 14 persons who know only rowing. 8 tickets sold for rowing. How many people are there for swimming?
17. Which polygon has no. of sides = diagonal (Eg. Pentagon)
18. One Cigar can be made from 7 bits. If there are 16 Cigars then how many bits collected?
19. If in the following set of numbers, the first and the third digits are interchanged in each number, which number will be second if arranged in ascending order after interchanging the digits?
583 645 396 287 469
20. If the num 4573 is sub by the least num, then the remainder will be a perfect square
Ans : 84
21. In a library, there are two racks with 40 books per rack. On a given day, 30 books were issued. What fraction remained in the racks?
22. Manish goes 7 km towards South-East from his house, then he goes 14 km turning to West. After this he goes 7 km towards North West and in the end he goes 9 km towards East. How far is he from his house?
A) 14 km
B) 7 km
C) 2 km
D) 5 km
E) None of these
23. A boy travels in a scooter after covering 2/3rd of the distance the wheel got punctured he covered the remaining distance by walk. Walking time is twice that of the time the boy's riding time. How many times the riding speed as that of the walking speed?
Ans: 4 times.
24. If a sum of money compound annually amounts of thrice itself in 3 years. In how many years will it become 9 times itself.
25. The petrol tank of an automobile can hold g liters. If a liters was removed when the tank was full, what part of the full tank was removed?