Secretariat Assistant Examination Practice papers
1. Four of the following five are alike in certain way and so form group. Which does not belong to the group.
A. Goldsmith B. Blacksmith C. Tailor D. Sailor E. Carpenter
Answer-D. Except Sailor all others are tradesman
2. Which of the following pairs as the same relationship between its two elements as between Thirst : Water?
A. Appetite : Meal B. Sun : Energy
C. Poison : Death D. Ice : Cold E. Food : Hunger
A. Appetite : Meal
3. Find the odd- man out:
A. Fear B. Love C. Liking D. Discipline -answer E. hate
4. Find out the missing number from the following numbers given below
21, 22, 24, 27, 31, 36 …………
A. 41 B. 72 C. 42 -answer D. 44 E. 75
. The serious follows the rule +1, +2, +3, +4, +5, +6………
5. Fill in the blank::
Vaccination is to which is unlike with others _____
Agriculture. Vaccination prevents the body from diseases in the same way pesticides protects a agriculture from pest.
6. Select the one which is unlike with others :
A. Comedy B. Tragedy C. Buffoonery D. Farce E. Drollery
B. Except Tragedy all others have the same meaning.
7. What is the meaning of the word “Canard” ?
A. Rumour B. Alarm C. Hoax D. Warning E. False
8. Fill in the blanks :
‘Painting’ is to ‘art’ as ‘twist’ is to ____
9.If 8*4 = 42; 6+6 = 33; 2*2 = 11; 4*8 = 24; then 2*6 = ?
10. Fill in the blanks :
Tree is to Branches as river is to ______
11. Three – fifth of one – fourth of a number is 18. What is the number?
A. 140 B. 120 C. 160 D. 90 E. None of these
B. Let the number x, then 3/5* 1/4x = 18 ?> x = 120
12. Prabhat is as much heavier than Jatin as he lighter than Umesh .If the total weight of Umesh and Jatin is 140 kgs. What is weight of Prabhat ?
A. 80 kgs B. 60 kgs C. 75 kgs D. Cannot be determined
E None of these
E. P – J = U – P ?> 2P = U + J P = 140/2 = 70
13. In a fort, there is provision of feed for 150 men for 45 days. After 10 days 25 men left the fort. The remaining feed will last for :
A. 42 days B. 54 days C. 48 days D. 50 days E. 52 days
A. the required = 150 * 45 – 10 * 510 = 42 days
14. Find the odd-man out :
A. Robin B. Penguin C. Swallow D. Sparrow E. Python
E. Python . Except Python all others are birds
15. Fill in the blank from the choices given below :
PINDY : QMEX : : JRSF : ?
A. KQRE B. KSTE C. KSRE D. KQTE E. KTQE
16. Fill in the blank :
1, 3, 7, 15, ___, 63
The series in *2 + 1, *2 + 1, *2 + 1, *2 + 1, *2 + 1
17. A train running at a speed of 84 km. per hour crosses a man running a speed 6 km. per hour in the opposite direction in 4 seconds. What is the length of the train in meters.
A.75 B. 180 C. 200 D. 150 E. None of these
Length of the train = (84 + 6) 5/8 * 4 = 100m
18. Among five friends A is heavier then B, C is lighter than D but beavier
than E. Who among them is the heaviest.
A. B B. C C. A. D. D E. Date Inadequate
. E. A>B, D>C, D>B>E. from the given in formations we cannot determine who among them is the heaviest.
19. Three- fourth of a number is fifteen less than the original number, What is number.?
A. 40 B. 90 C. 50 D. 60 E. None of these.
. D. x – ¾ x = 15 ?> x = 60
20. The least number by which 450 must be multiplied in order to make in it perfect square?
A 4 B. 3 C. 2 D. 1 E. 5
C. 450 * 2 = 30
21. Four the five are alike in certain way, which one is not like the other form?
A. Short B. Medium C. Long D. Infinity E. Very long
22. The average weight of 5 men is 67.5 kg, the average weight is diminished by 7.5 kg. when the weight of a boy is included; What is weight of the boy?
A. 22.5 kg B. 30 kg C. 25 kg D. 20 kg E. None of these
A. Weight of the boy = 60 * 6 – 67.5 * 5 = 22.5 kg
23. How many paving stones each measuring 2 ½ meters 2 meters are required to pave a rectangular count yard 60 meters long and 16 ½ meters broad?
A. 190 B. 200 C. 198 D. 175 E. None of these
C. The required number 60 * 16.5 = 198
2.5 * 2
24. Indicate the group of letters which is different from the rest ?
A. BFDC B. VZXW C. KPML D. QUSR E. None of these
25. If ‘cold drinks’ were oceans, then ‘ice- cubes’ will be
A. Coast lines B. Glaciers C. Ice- bergs D. Islands E. None of these
25. C. Ice – bergs
1. Pick out one word which is out of place with others :
Infant Baby Child Girl Youth Adult
2. Fill in blank :
Squint is related to vision as stammering is to ___
3. Identify the one activity which does not match with the rest :
Walk Run Sleep Swim Cycle
4. Applying the rule used in (a) below, find out the missing number in (b) below:
A. 3 7 15 31 63 B. 5 11 23 – 95
5. Fill in the blank :
Kidney is to nephrology as heart is to ___
6. Select the one word which is the unlike others:
Table Chair Cot Shelf Stool
7. Which of the following words has the same meaning as ‘genuine’?
A. Spurious B. Authentic C. Probable D. Possible E. None of these
8. Fill in the blank :
Stable is to horse as kennel is to ____
9. A motor can round a curve at 30 km/hr. If it rounds the curve at 60 km/hr, its tendency to topple over will be :
A. halved B. doubled C. tripled D. quadrupled E. None of these
10. Fill in the blank :
Clock is to time as thermometer is to ____
11. By putting at the zero at the end of a number its value is increased by 749475. The number is :
A. 86315 B. 85192 C. 84273 D. 83275 E. None of these
D. 832750 – 83275 = 749475
12. The statement that the minute hand gains 3300 on the hour hand of a clock is
A. foolish B. true C. incorrect D. true at times E. None of these
13. A father is 3 times as old as his son now. After 25 years the farther will be only double the age of the son. What is the age of father now?
A. 30 years B. 36 years C. 45 years D. 51 years E. None of these
14. Choose the word which does not belong to the group as the other do:
A. Nylon B. Cotton C. Silk D. Jute E. Polyester
15. Supply the appropriate letters to continue the series :
ABC EFG JKL PQR _WXY______
16. Supply the appropriate figures to continue the series :
6, 13, 21, 30, 40, 51, 63, ____
76. The series +7, +8, +9, +10, +11, +12, ……
17. A and B are traveling from one point from different trains in opposite directions. The speed of A’s train is 40 km/hr. and that o B’s train is 30 km/hr. How far away will A be from B after 3 hours?
The required distance = (40 + 30) 3 = 210 km
18. Four different coloured counters are placed in a row. The re counter is near the green counter, but not near the blue. The blue counter is not near the Yellow. Which counter is next to Yellow.
The sequence is Yellow , Red , Green, Blue
19. The sixth part of a number exceeds the seventh part by 2. The number is :
A. 42 B. 84 C. 96 D. 105 E. None of these
20. The digit added to the right of the number 2304 so as it make the resulting number divisible by 9 is
A 1 B. 2 C. 9 D. 3 E. None of these
2304 is divisible by 9
21. Which of the following items is not like the others from a group
A. Butter B. Curd C. Juice D. Cheese E. Milk
22. The average age of a class of 39 boys is 10 years. By admission of one boy A the average age us raised to 10 years and one month. What is age of A?
A. 13 years and 4 months B. 13 ½ years
C. 14 years D. 14years and 4 months E. None of these
23. The length and breadth of room are in ratio 5 : 3 . The cost of white washing the walls at the rate of 10 paise per sq meter is Rs 16.00. If the height of the wall is 5m the length and breadth are:
A. 3m * 2m B. 10 m * 6m C. 15m * 6m
D. 15m* 9m E. None of these
24. Identify the group of letters which is different from the rest.
ACE HJL OQT UWY
25. If rain is called “pink”, pink is called “could”, cloud is called “water”, is called “breeze” and breeze is called “moon” what do you wash your hands?
A. Water B. Rain C. Breeze D. Moon E. None of these
We wash our hands in water, ie in Breeze