Hi friends Finally i am very glad to inform u all that iam placed in iGate.I appeared for the iGate exam on 21st nov at cochin.
Paper was not that tough.There were 15 questions to be solved in 30min.No rough sheet was provided.Also no negative marking, but no options were given.that is u have to solve the questions and write the answer, no guess work possible.Cut off was 9 or 10 i think.They selectd very few for the second round.Outof 1,700 they selected only 170 for GD(2nd round).They made group of 10/11 for GD, and selected approximately 60 students for third/technical round.Final round ws HR..Finally they selected only 30.But for apti prepare general topics like Avg,profitloss, time asd distance,time and work,si,ci,partnership, clocks, calender,probability,series,pipes and cisterns ,reasoing,number,hcf,lcm,permutaion and combinations.Questions were not that tough but point was to save time.
Some questions i remember
1) one man sold two items at 20% loss and 20%profit.Net % loss/gain? Ans In such cases always loss (20/10)^2= 4%loss.
2) series question : I think no1 solved it 4,2,3,7.5,26.25,- ,- Find the next two numbers.
3) Si questions was there,Given:principal=480,Rate=3.5%, Time=2 month 15 days Find SI? =( 480*3.5*(5/2*12))/100 i.e take 2month 15 days as 2.5 month and conert into year and solve.
4) GHITZ is ....i dont remeber exactly but i remeber the concept
They replaced last with first, second last with sec,What i mean is A - Z, B- Y, c- x and so on.
5) 1/10 is how much of 3/4? Ans (1/10)/(3/4)
6) 1/6 boys and 1/3 Girls ?What is ratio if children? Ans 1/2 ie 1/6+1/3=1/2 = 50%
7) I n how much time 100km will be covered if a girl travels at 10km/hr and halts for 10min every 15km Ans)100/10=10 10+(10*6)=11hrs 8) Probality of sundays in an ordinary year? Ans)2/7
9) on eman walked 1/4,3 1/4,7 1/4,9 1/4 and other man walked 2/4,2 1/4, 2 2/3,3 1/4 kms. Who walked more and by how much
10) number question, Let number =10*x + y Given: xy=18.
some more questions were there , ut icannot recall them, they were not that easy, but if u pracice pearson guide/R.S.Aggarwal well thenu can solve it.
Next Round Was GD
Made group of 10/11.In some they selected 4 members.But in many they selected only 1or 2 per group. In min they seleced only two including me. Topic was simple.they wanted every1 to talk.Also they made every1 to talk.So the topics were simple.But always allow others to speak.U should speak well and up to the point,but at the same time u should allow others to speak.Donot make it a fish market.APart from communication they also want to check that whether u can work in team or not?
1) saddam should be hanged or not? 2) Pepsi should be banned or not? 3) mobiles vs landlines 4) house wife vs working 5) inda's poor performances in cricket
Next was techncial
1. Asked baisc things, quite lengthy 2. ASked question on DBMS,networing, 3. questions based on ur resume 4. Questions on ur final year project surely. 5. Diff b/w c++and java. 6. Some basic questions on core java. 7. Also told to write one program * * * * * * and so on.......
All studnets were asked to write atleast one program (any language)
Final round HR
Simple question like education background,family background, about company etc
Freshersworld.com : The No.1 Jobsite for Fresher Hiring in India
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 Jobsite for Freshers in India with over 1 Crore+ resumes and 60K+ recruiters hiring through us. Apply to Top MNC Jobs / Government jobs by registering now! What’s more? Get daily job alert, placement paper and GK updates every day on your email. Freshersworld.com is the only website for applying to Govt Jobs and top MNC Jobs all over India. Register Now to benefit from our unlimited fresher focussed services!