IBM Aptitude Questions
1. There are 5 packages. The weight of 1st package is 500 kg and the weight of the 2nd package is 50% higher than the weight of 3rd package whose weight is 45% higher than the 1st package weight. The fourth package at 360 kgs is 60% lighter than the fifth package. Find the average weight of all the five packages.
Answer : a)714.5 kgs
2. Find the smallest number which leaves 22,35, 48 and 61 as remainders when divided by 26, 39, 52 and 65 respectively.
Answer : b)776
3. The average number of visitors of a library in the first 4 days of a week was 58. The average for the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th days was 60.If the number of visitors on the 1st and 5th days were in the ratio 7:8 then what is the number of visitors on the 5th day of the library?
Answer : b)64
4. Find the smallest 8-digit number which gives 15 as a remainder when divided by 38, 22 and 16.
Answer : c)10001919
5. A man gave Rs.A for buying every 10 items and Rs.B for buying every extra item. If he bought 10 items on Monday 13 items on Tuesday, 12 items on Wednesday, 11 items on Thursday and 12 items on Friday then what is his average daily spending in rupees for the five days?
Answer : a)A+ 8B/5
6. In an exam, Ajith, Sachu, Karna, Saheep and Ramesh scored an average of 39 marks. Saheep scored 7 marks more than Ramesh. Ramesh scored 9 fewer than Ajith. Sachu scored as many as Saheep and Ramesh scored.Sachu and Karna scored 110 marks them. If Ajith scores 32 marks then how many marks did Karna score?
Answer : c)57 marks
7. Let p and q be two prime numbers such that p is greater than q. If 319 is their LCM then the difference of thrice of q and p is:
Answer : c)4.
8. Let 13 and 273 are the HCF and LCM of two numbers respectively, and if one of them is less than 140 and greater than 60 then what will be that number?
Answer : b) 91
9. In an exhibition, the entrance ticket for Kids was Rs.16 and Rs.20 for adults. Every year, adult's cost increases by 25% more than kids increase rate which is 25%. What will be the difference of their ticket cost after 2 years?
Answer : c) Rs.20
10. If 200 chocolates were distributed among 100 people, in such a manner that each man received 1 chocolate, each woman received 4 chocolates and each child received 6 chocolates. Find which of the following is a possible value for the number of children?
Answer : c) 8
11. An exhibition was conducted for 4 weeks. The number of tickets sold in 2nd workweek was increased by 20% and increased by 16% in the 3rd workweek but decreased by 20% in the 4th workweek. Find the number of tickets sold in the beginning, if 1392 tickets were sold in the last week.
Answer : c) 1250
12. The cost of two varieties of paint is Rs.3969 per 2 kg and Rs.1369 per 2 kg respectively. After how many years will the value of both paint be the same, if variety1 appreciates at 26% per annum and variety2 depreciates at 26% per annum?
Answer : d) 2.
13. 121, 102, 84, 72, 61, 54,?
d) all are right
Answer : b) 84.
14. 5, 6, 14, 45, 184, 925,?
d) all are right
Answer : d) all are right.
15. 764, 620, 520, 456, 400, 404,?
d) all are right
Answer : a) 400
16. 1337, 662, 331, 164, 81, 40,?
d) all are right.
Answer : c) 662
17. If pq=28 where p and q are whole numbers then which of the following will be (p2 - q2)?
d) cannot be determined.
Answer : c) 783
18. The age of the grand father is the sum of his three grandsons.The second is 2 year younger than first one and the third one is 2 year younger than the second one. Then what will be the age of the grandfather?
19. Dinesh is seated 7 from the left and satish is seated 12 from the right. when they interchange their positions, dinesh is seated 22nd from the left. How many people are there?
20. The main line train starts at 5.00AM and the harbor line train starts at 5.02AM. Each train has the frequency of 10 minutes.If a guy goes in the morning at a random time what is the probability of he getting main line train?
21. In 1978, a kg of paper was sold at Rs25/-. If the paper rate increases at 1.5% more than the inflation rate which is 6.5% a year, then what will be the cost of a kg of paper after 2 years?
22. What is the probability of getting 3 or 4 in 3 consecutive rolls of a dice ?
23. The diameter of a wheel is 1.26m. If this wheel rotates 500 rotations, how long it can travel?
24. A finishes a work in 12 days and B finishes same work in 14 days.If they work for a day alternately with A beginning, how many days will it take to complete the work?
25. How is the father of the man ,who is the brother of the only aunt of my brother related to me?
26. In a class of 60 boys, 45 like pizza, 30 like burger and 5 like neither. Find number of boys who like both?
27. A fuel dealer mixes two brands of fuel which cost in the ratio 2:3 A solution of 30% Brand A with Brand B yields profit of 10% when sold at RS 297. What is cost of brand B?
28. The diameter of a wheel is 1.26m. If this wheel rotates 500 rotations, how long it can travel?
29. Adam stands facing towards north-west direction.He walks 61 m and then turns southwards and walks another 60 m. How far is he from the starting point.?
30. If A driver drives a car four times a lap 10,20 30,60 kmph what is his average speed?