HP Solved Placement Paper
This section consist of some aptitude and technical questions generally asked in written test:
a) Aptitude Questins with Answers
1. Lucia is a wonderful grandmother. Her age is between 50 and 70.Each of her sons have as many sons as they have brothers. Their combined number gives Lucias age. What is the age?
Let the no. of Lucias sons = n
No. of brothers for each son = n-1
No. of sons for each of Lucias son = n-1
Lucias age = n-1 * n-1
= a perfect square between 50 and 70
2. Two trains running in opposite directions cross a man standing on the platform in 27 seconds and 17 seconds respectively and they cross each other in 23 seconds. The ratio of their speeds is:
a) 1 : 3
b) 3 : 2
c) 3 : 4
d) None of these
3. A train passes a station platform in 36 seconds and a man standing on the platform in 20 seconds. If the speed of the train is 54 km/hr, what is the length of the platform?
a) 240 m
b) 120 m
c) 300 m
d) None of these
4. A can do a work in 15 days and B in 20 days. If they work on it together for 4 days, then the fraction of the work that is left is:
5. On selling 17 balls at Rs. 720, there is a loss equal to the cost price of 5 balls. The cost price of a ball is:
a) Rs. 45
b) Rs. 50
c) Rs. 55
d) Rs. 60
6. Grass in lawn grows equally thick and in a uniform rate.It takes 40 days for 40 cows and 60 days for 30 cows to eat the whole of the grass.How many days does it take for 20 cows to do the same?
g - grass at the beginning
r - rate at which grass grows, per day
y - rate at which one cow eats grass, per day
n - no of cows to eat the grass in 96 days
g + 40*r = 40 * 40 * y------- 1
g + 60*r = 30 * 60 * y------- 2
g + n*r = 20 * n * y-------- 3
from 1 and 2
Solving, n = 120
7. When a plot is sold for Rs. 18,700, the owner loses 15%. At what price must that plot be sold in order to gain 15%?
a) Rs. 21,000
b) Rs. 22,500
c) Rs. 25,300
d) Rs. 25,800
8. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days can A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
a) 12 days
b) 15 days
c) 16 days
d) 18 days
b) Technical Questions wih Answers
1. How many such pairs of letters are there in the word DISTURB, each one has as many letters between its two letters in the word as there are between them in the English alphabet?
e) None of these
2. What are the types of linkages?
a) Internal and External
b) External, Internal and None
c) External and None
3. Which of the following is not a type of constructor?
a) Copy constructor
b) Friend constructor
c) Default constructor
d) Parameterized constructor
4. If C and G interchange their positions, which of the following will indicate As position?
a) To the immediate right of G
b) 4th to the right of C
c) 2nd to the left of G
d) to the immediate left of C
e) none of these
5. Which of the following statements should be used to obtain a remainder after dividing 3.14 by 2.1?
a) rem = 3.14 % 2.1;
b) rem = modf(3.14, 2.1);
c) rem = fmod(3.14, 2.1);
d) Remainder cannot be obtain in floating point division.
6. main( )
unsigned int i=3; freshersworld.com
while( i >=0)
printf( %d, i);
how many times will the printf stmt be executed?
7. Which of the following type of class allows only one object of it to be created?
a) Virtual class
b) Abstract class
c) Singleton class
d) Friend class
8. Which of the following stores pictures or graphics?
a) Frame Buffer
9. Choose the odd man out
10. Find the output of the following C program.
11. Which of the following is the correct size of a long integer?
a) Compiler dependent
b) 8 bytes
c) 4 bytes
d) 2 bytes
12. From the below mentioned option, which is not an IM client?
13. How much space does an IP Address occupies?
a) 8 bytes
b) 6 bytes
c) 16 bytes
d) 4 bytes
14. Choose the correct option, which cannot be used across Files?
15. Choose the odd man out:
c) Verbal Aptitude Questions
1. Choose the correct antonym of: ADEPT
2. Choose the correct synonym of : EDACITY
3. Choose the correct option which will be compulsory a part of the below given word.
4. Complete the following series
CMM, EOO, GQQ, ? KUU
5. Express the following as rate percent.
6. How many times should you role a dice to get the probability of number 4 and 6 being faced on the dices is divided at the same time?
7. How much loss will you incur if you bought a radio for 490 rupees and sold it for 465.50 rupees?
8. Find the average of 40 natural numbers that come first.
9. choose the correct option that represents the meaning of the proverb:
To cry wolf
a) To turn pale
b) To listen eagerly
c) To give false alarm
d) To keep off starvation