Heavy Water Board - Model Question Paper
1. A sphere of radius 4 cm is carved from a homogeneous sphere of radius 8 cm and mass 160 g. The mass of the smaller sphere is
2. 60 g.
2. Two boys A and B are at two diametrically opposite points on a circle. At one instant the two start running on the circle; A anticlockwise with constant speed v and B clockwise with constant speed 2v. In 2 minutes, they pass each other for the first time. How much later will they pass each other for the second time?
1. 1 minutes
2. 2 minutes
3. 3 minutes
3. In a bag containing only blue, red and green marbles,all but 15 are blue,all but 13 are red and all but 12 are green. How many are red?
4. person buys a shirt with marked price Rs.300/- at 20% discount. In order to make a profit of 20% the person should sell the shirt for
5. person buys a shirt with marked price Rs.300/- at 20% discount.In order to make a profit of 20% the person should sell the shirt for
6. 5 kg of adulterated rice has 2% stones in it and the rest is rice.Half of the stone content was removed.Now the percentage of stone content in it is
7. A coin is tossed six times. The probability that heads will occur at least once is
8. A, B, C subscribe Rs. 50,000 for a business. A subscribes Rs. 4000 more than B and B Rs. 5000 more than C. Out of a total profit of Rs. 35,000, A receives:
A. Rs. 8400
B. Rs. 11,900
C. Rs. 13,600
D. Rs. 14,700
9. In a certain store, the profit is 320% of the cost. If the cost increases by 25% but the selling price remains constant, approximately what percentage of the selling price is the profit?
10. The sum of ages of 5 children born at the intervals of 3 years each is 50 years. What is the age of the youngest child?
A. 4 years
B. 8 years
C. 10 years
D. None of these
11. The average weight of 8 person's increases by 2.5 kg when a new person comes in place of one of them weighing 65 kg. What might be the weight of the new person?
A. 76 kg
B. 76.5 kg
C. 85 kg
D. Data inadequate
E. None of these
12. Six bells commence tolling together and toll at intervals of 2, 4, 6, 8 10 and 12 seconds respectively. In 30 minutes, how many times do they toll together ?
13. Tea worth Rs. 126 per kg and Rs. 135 per kg are mixed with a third variety in the ratio 1 : 1 : 2. If the mixture is worth Rs. 153 per kg, the price of the third variety per kg will be:
A. Rs. 169.50
B. Rs. 170
C. Rs. 175.50
D. Rs. 180
14. Two pipes can fill a tank in 20 and 24 minutes respectively and a waste pipe can empty 3 gallons per minute. All the three pipes working together can fill the tank in 15 minutes. The capacity of the tank is:
A. 60 gallons
B. 100 gallons
C. 120 gallons
D. 180 gallons
15. A, B and C can do a piece of work in 20, 30 and 60 days respectively. In how many days can A do the work if he is assisted by B and C on every third day?
A. 12 days
B. 15 days
C. 16 days
D. 18 days
16. A and B invest in a business in the ratio 3 : 2. If 5% of the total profit goes to charity and A's share is Rs. 855, the total profit is:
A. Rs. 1425
B. Rs. 1500
C. Rs. 1537.50
D. Rs. 1576
17. Three times the first of three consecutive odd integers is 3 more than twice the third. The third integer is:
18. A two-digit number is such that the product of the digits is 8. When 18 is added to the number, then the digits are reversed. The number is:
19. Two numbers are respectively 20% and 50% more than a third number. The ratio of the two numbers is:
A. 2 : 5
B. 3 : 5
C. 4 : 5
D. 6 : 7
20. A boat can travel with a speed of 13 km/hr in still water. If the speed of the stream is 4 km/hr, find the time taken by the boat to go 68 km downstream.
A. 2 hours
B. 3 hours
C. 4 hours
D. 5 hours
21. Reena took a loan of Rs. 1200 with simple interest for as many years as the rate of interest. If she paid Rs. 432 as interest at the end of the loan period, what was the rate of interest?
D. Cannot be determined
22. If a person walks at 14 km/hr instead of 10 km/hr, he would have walked 20 km more. The actual distance travelled by him is:
A. 50 km
B. 56 km
C. 70 km
D. 80 km
23. From a group of 7 men and 6 women, five persons are to be selected to form a committee so that at least 3 men are there on the committee. In how many ways can it be done?
24. A train running at the speed of 60 km/hr crosses a pole in 9 seconds. What is the length of the train?
A. 120 metres
B. 180 metres
C. 324 metres
D. 150 metres
25. A person crosses a 600 m long street in 5 minutes. What is his speed in km per hour?