Here are some Dos if implemented may help you be a successful participant at a GD!
Read! Understand! and know how to crack a GD round!
1. Be Yourself: You should try to be as natural as possible. Do not try & be someone you are not.
2. Speak Out: Make the best of this opportunity, the evaluator wants to hear you speak. A GD is a chance to be more vocal. 3. Think before you speak: Take time to organize your thoughts. Think of what you are going to say.
4. Seek clarification: If you are not clear and you have doubts regarding the subject, ask for clarification before the GD begins.
5. Be confident before you speak: Don't start speaking until you have clearly understood and analyzed the subject.
6. Begin smartly: Work out various strategies to help you make an entry, initiate the discussion or agree with someone else's point and then move onto express your views. 7. Adding valuable thoughts: Opening the discussion is not the only way of gaining attention and recognition. If you do not give valuable insights during the discussion, all your efforts of initiating the discussion will be in vain.
8. Good body language: Your body language says a lot about you - your gestures and mannerisms are more likely to reflect your attitude than what you say. 9. Usage of effective language: Language skills are important only to the effect as to how you get your points across clearly and fluently. 10. Maintain your tone while communicating: Be assertive not dominating; try to maintain a balanced tone in your discussion and analysis. 11. Be Patience Don't lose your cool if anyone says anything you object to. The key is to stay objective: Don't take the discussion personally. 12. Be polite: Try to avoid using extreme phrases like: `I strongly object' or `I disagree'. Instead try phrases like: `I would like to share my views on ' or `One difference between your point and mine ' or "I beg to differ with you" 13. Motivating others to speak: This will demonstrate your leadership skills. You may motivate the other team members to speak but you need to identify the right time to do that. Also, dont keep repeating the same thing as you may lose your time to speak and this may show too much of leadership. Be receptive to others opinions and do not be abrasive or aggressive.
14. Practice: If you have a group of like-minded friends, you can have a mock group discussion where you can learn from each other through giving and receiving feedback. Apart from the above points, the panel will also judge team members for their alertness and presence of mind, problem-solving abilities, ability to work as a team without alienating certain members, and creativity.
Freshersworld.com : The No.1 Jobsite for Fresher Hiring in India
Freshersworld.com is the No.1 Jobsite for Freshers in India with over 1 Crore+ resumes and 60K+ recruiters hiring through us. Apply to Top MNC Jobs / Government jobs by registering now! What’s more? Get daily job alert, placement paper and GK updates every day on your email. Freshersworld.com is the only website for applying to Govt Jobs and top MNC Jobs all over India. Register Now to benefit from our unlimited fresher focussed services!