DELOITTE PLACEMENT PAPER @ IIT Delhi
The company was open for all branches of B E and M E
They expect people with very good comm.. skills
They told that there will be one interview in ppt.
But more interviews were conducted in cases where the HR's were not able to decide.
They were sent to CEO panel.
The Interview was full of personal and a little HR for non-circuits and technical for circuits.
They expect students to be strong in the Enterprise application and Technology integration field.
QUESTION PATTERN AND A FEW QUESTIONS
The pattern was similar to CTS pattern as the HR's were former CTS employees.
The booklet given here was BLUE
40 Qns. 60 mins. Negative marking of 0.25 per negative answer.
Three sections (Verbal, Quans and Critical)
4 (Fitting the correct word in the given sentence)
6 (Fitting the correct sentence in the given paragraph)
Plz work out... Don't rely on the answer provided here. They may be wrong sometimes
Que. Which are in RED asked in IIT Delhi rest are which I have collected from other paper of Deloitte
1. I have 20 rupees. I bought 1, 2, 5 rupee stamps. They are different in numbers by the reason of no change, the shop keeper gives 3 one rupee stamps. So how many stamp(s) I have. Ans: 10
2. An Engine length 1000 m moving at 10 m/s. A bird is flying from engine to end with x sec and coming back at 2x sec. Take total time of bird traveling as 187.5 s. Find the to and fro speed of the bird. Answer 6 and 18m/s
3. P(father ) & Q (Son) .. Morning walk… In the shape of equilateral triangle. P walks at 1kmph and runs 4kmpg. Q runs and walks at double P's speed. From the apex of equilateral triangle they both start. Q goes clockwise and P anticlockwise. They both travel for 90 min.
Ans 3.5 (not sure)
4. Which polygon has no. of sides = diagonal Answer- Pentagon)
5. A person makes one Cigar from 7 burnt pieces. How many pieces would be required to make 16 Cigars. Answer 112
6. There is a point P on the circle. A and B started running in two constant different speeds. A in Clockwise and B in Anti-clockwise. A meet B First time 500 m in Clockwise from P then second time 400 m Anti-clockwise from P. B is yet to complete one round, What is the circumference of the circle?
7. What is the prob. Of getting 2 prime nos. from 1 to 20. (Ans 14/95)
8. There are 5 Sub with equal high marks. Mark scored by a boy is 3:4:5:6:7 (Not sure). If his total aggregate if 3/5 of the total of the highest score, in how many subjects has he got more than 50%? - 3
9. There are 11 lines in plane. How many intersections (Maximum) can be made? Answer 11C2
10. There are 3 Sections with 5 Qns each. If three Qns are selected from each section, then in how many ways this selection can be done..
Answer : 1000(d)
11. There is a 20 X 20 array. In Each row , the shortest person is called and among them, the tallest person is A. In Each column, the shortest person is called and among them, the tallest person is B. Who is taller?
12. P # Q = (P-Q)(Q-P) = - 1. Then Which is true?
P = 3, Q = 2 P = 2,Q = 3 P = -1,Q = 1 P = 1, Q = -1 Ans: I & II only
13. 7 Pink, 5 Black, 11 Yellow balls are there. Minimum no. atleast to get one black and yellow ball Ans: 19
14. Juice contains water and orange pulp in the ratio of 3:1. For making 12L juice, how much orange pulp will be required. Answer 3
15. What is the probabltity of writing correct addresses to 4 letters to be posted. Answer 1/24(c )
16. A,B and C starts from a point on a circle. A and B goes clockwise and C anticlockwise. A meets C after 88s B meets C after 110s. after how many sec A meets B .
17. There are 80 balls and one of them is defective and having less wt. than others. What is the min. amount of weighings to get that ball out.(Answer 5)
18. How many type can arrange to seat 4 man & 4 woman on a circuler table alternate.
19. A, B, C and D are four people. There are four houses Red, Yellow, Blue, White. P, Q, R and S are four sections not in same order
Three are sisters
B comes from Red
C comes from Blue
Qns were asked based on that
20. A Father is willing his estates like this. If a boy is born, wife has 1/3 part and remaining for boy. If a girl is born, Wife has 2/3 and remaining for the girl. But twins (Boy + Girl) are born.
What is the share that the daughter would get?
Answer = 1/6
21. MBA, GRE prob from Barrons GRE (Don know whether it is there in all GRE Editions). Ans: GMAT, CAT (Sure)
22. If ü - Married
û - Not Married and
Who is married? Ans: N