I. Based on the circle graph given below, answer the following questions.
Expenditure for State and Local Governments
1. What type of information is being presented on this graph?
a. Expenditure for education
b. Expenditure for public welfare
c. Expenditure for state and local governments
d. Expenditure for highways
2. If the total spending is $50,000, how much money was spent on highways?
c. $ 15,000
d. $ 20,000
3. Approximately how many times the amount spending on highways is spent on education?
4. Approximately what fraction of the total expenditures are spent on highways and public welfare combined?
5. How much money was spent as other expenses
II.Study the graph given below and answer the following questions
1. These two activities took up half of the time of the day
a. Entertainment and School
b. Meals and School.
c. Sleep and School
d. Homework and sleep
2.These two activities took up the least amount of time
a. Sleep and School
b. Meals and Homework
c. Sleep and Job
d. School and Entertainment
3. Which of these took up one fourth of the day?
4. What percent of the day does homework take up?
5. Which of these takes up the same amount of time as meals and entertainment together?
Answer & Explanations
Exp. The graph title is Expenditures for State and Local Governments. The circle is cut into four sectors,
each representing one category of expenditures, with the percentage of the total for each category.
Money spent on highways is $3,500 ( 50,000* 7 /100 ) = 3,500
State and local governments spent approximately five times more on education than on highways ( 34
Approximately 1/5 of the total is spent on highways and welfare combined.
( 7 * 50,000/100 + 14 * 50, 000/100 = 3,500 + 7, 000 = 10,500 )
45 *50,000/100 = 22,500