This Paper was submitted by me, Anurag and my friend Nayan from ICFAI Tech
The Convergys paper's are five sections
1) Inferential Vocab (20Q) (20 mins) - long passage with blanks numbered 1 – 20 and 4 options for each and every row.
2)Set Theory + Venn Diagrams, Data Sufficiency, Mathematical operations, Calender, Blood relation, Cube painting, probability(45Q) (48mins)
There was sectional cut off and they choose you based on the ratio of correct answers out of total attempted ones.
Out of 695 students who appeared to give the examination only 11 cleared the Aptitude examination to reach the Interview Round.
This was the paragraph given to us in the paper although the options given were altogether different yet the blanks were at the same place.
“NEW YORK -- Some questions even stump Stephen Hawking.
The famed British astrophysicist and bestselling author has turned to Yahoo Answers, a new feature in which anyone can pose a question for fellow internet users to try to answer. By Friday afternoon, nearly 17,000 Yahoo users had responded.
Hawking's question: "In a world that is in chaos politically, socially and environmentally, how can the human race sustain another 100 years?"
Some of the answers were short -- "get rid of nuclear weapons" -- and others vague -- "Somehow we will." Many were doubtful: "I don't think it is possible unless we expand into space," one user wrote.
A number of people suggested thinking differently, ending bickering or fostering cooperation.
Officials at the University of Cambridge, where Hawking is a mathematics professor, confirmed that Hawking wrote the message but said he would have no further comment.
Hawking's groundbreaking research on black holes and the origins of the universe has made him one of the best-known theoretical physicists of his generation. Author of the global best seller A Brief History of Time, Hawking is known for proposing that space and time have no beginning and no end.
Lately, he's been pondering about the fate of humans. In a June 13 speech in Hong Kong, Hawking said the survival of the human race depends on its ability to find new homes elsewhere in the universe because there's an increasing risk that a disaster will destroy Earth.
He said that if humans can avoid killing themselves in the next 100 years, they should have space settlements that can continue without support from Earth.
Hawking is one of 10 celebrity questioners Yahoo solicited as part of its "Ask the Planet" campaign.
The Sunnyvale, California, internet company spent weeks trying to track Hawking down but got his participation within a day of reaching the correct assistant, said Patrick Crane, vice president of marketing for Yahoo Search.
The question was submitted a few days before the Hong Kong speech and posted this past Wednesday.
Over the next week, Yahoo employees are expected to work with Hawking to sift through the answers and select one or several to highlight as best responses.
Yahoo Answers, like an offering from Google and one planned by Microsoft, is among the services aimed at tapping the collective intelligence. It's based on the premise that humans as a group can do a better job at finding information than machines or any single person can.
Anyone can ask or answer a question, regardless of expertise, although Yahoo will eventually implement a rating system meant to elevate users with better reputations, based on their past questions and answers.”
1) A site received 419 visits on 3 of its links, there were 145 hits on “Contact us”, 11 visitors hit all the 3 links, while “FAQ” and “Home” links had the same no of hits. 2 visitors hit “Contact” and “Home”; 11 visitors hit “FAQ” and “ Home” and another 11 “FAQ” and “contact”
Then there were 4 questions
A) How many visited the FAQ link
B) How many visited the FAQ link only
C) How many visited the Contact us only
D) Don’t remember this 1
· There were 3 questions in all from Set theory n Venn Diagram, I don’t exactly remember the other 2 questions but they were similar and quite easy.
4) If 1st October is a Sunday then wats the day on 1st November
5) Vipul pointing at a photograph said “The girl in the picture is my grandfather’s only sons daughter”
How is Vipul related to her
6) There were around 12-15 questions on Data Sufficiency.
22) There was a Cube coloring Problem with 5 subquestions
A painter is asked to cut a wooden cube which is painted in black, then again he cut the top layer in 4 parts, middle layer in 9 and bottom layer in 16 cubes
A) How many cubes are painted on 3 sides
B) How many cubes were painted only on 2 sides
C) How many cubes were not painted at all
Then there were 2 more questions like this
23) If a person has 2 coins, one with both sides as head and the other a normal coin then wats the probability of getting a head.
This ends the Apti section
Section 3 Unix:
1) Combine $x=1;[x –ge 10] into a single statement
Don’t remember the options
2) cmd line1: prompt1= “Employee Id”
Ans: eval \$prompt$x
3) Wats the output of the code snippet
Eval echo Hello
Eval echo eval Hello
4) How to use the bourne shell under C shell
There were 4 options beginning with #!/bin/usr (something like this)
5) What does $# represent
6) What does $* represent
Don’t Remember the rest of them
Section 4 DBMS:
1) Relation of an entity to itself is known as
A) one to many B) one to one 3) Recursive 4)??
2) A relation in RDBMS can exist between_______ entities
A) min 2 B) Atleast 1 3)three 4)none of these
3) 5th Normal Form depends upon
A) Multivalued Dependencies B) Functional Dependencies C) ?? D) ??
4) Which of these is not TRUE abt the joint and the union
A) Join is always costlier than union
B) Union always acts upon columns
C) Union always acts upon rows
D) Join always acts upon columns
(The options were similar to this one not exactly these)
5)In a Left outer joint operation what will be returned
A) Left table returns all rows
B) Right table returns all rows
C) Both tables return all rows
D) Right table returns NULL
6) 1 Question on ODBC
And 4 other questions on DBMS which 1 don’t remember
Section 5 C++:
1) A function in a Class by default is
A) Virtual B) Inline C) Pure Virtual D) None of these
There were 2 questions given to find out the output
Then there were questions upon fstream and ostream
Don’t remember much about this section, most of the questions in this section were under pointers, inheritance and constructors / destructors.
Unfortunately we couldn’t get through the written test, Pray for us
Anurag n Nayan