BHEL manufactures over 180 products under 30 major product groups and caters to core sectors of the Indian Economy viz., Power Generation & Transmission, Industry, Transportation, Renewable Energy, etc. The wide network of BHEL's 14 manufacturing divisions, four Power Sector regional centres, over 100 project sites, eight service centres, 18 regional offices and one subsidiary enables the Company to promptly serve its customers and provide them with suitable products, systems and services efficiently and at competitive prices. The high level of quality & reliability of its products is due to the emphasis on design, engineering and manufacturing to international standards by acquiring and adapting some of the best technologies from leading companies in the world, together with technologies developed in its own R&D centres.
BHEL has acquired certifications to Quality Management Systems (ISO 9001), Environmental Management Systems (ISO 14001) and Occupational Health & Safety Management Systems (OHSAS 18001) and is also well on its journey towards Total Quality Management.
· Installed equipment for over 90,000 MW of power generation -- for Utilities, Captive and Industrial users.
· Supplied over 2,25,000 MVA transformer capacity and other equipment operating in Transmission & Distribution network up to 400 kV (AC & DC).
· Supplied over 25,000 Motors with Drive Control System to Power projects, Petrochemicals, Refineries, Steel, Aluminum, Fertilizer, Cement plants, etc.
· Supplied Traction electrics and AC/DC locos to power over 12,000 kms Railway network.
· Supplied over one million Valves to Power Plants and other Industries.
BHEL's operations are organised around three business sectors, namely Power, Industry - including Transmission, Transportation and Renewable Energy - and Overseas Business. This enables BHEL to have a strong customer orientation, to be sensitive to his needs and respond quickly to the changes in the market.
BHEL's vision is to become a world-class engineering enterprise, committed to enhancing stakeholder value. The company is striving to give shape to its aspirations and fulfill the expectations of the country to become a global player.The greatest strength of BHEL is its highly skilled and committed 42,600 employees. Every employee is given an equal opportunity to develop himself and grow in his career. Continuous training and retraining, career planning, a positive work culture and participative style of management all these have engendered development of a committed and motivated workforce setting new benchmarks in terms of productivity, quality and responsiveness.