BALCO Question Papers - BALCO Interview Questions and Answers updated on Apr 2019
Bharat Aluminium Co. Ltd. (BALCO) was incorporated in the year 1965 as a Public Sector Undertaking (PSU) and since then the Company has been closely associated with the Indian Aluminium Industry, in a pivotal role.
Government of India (GoI) divested 51% equity in the year 2001 in favour of Sterlite Industries (I) Limited. Remaining 49% is with GoI.
BALCO is playing a crucial role in introducing Aluminium as a potential alternative to other metals like Steel in construction, and Copper in power transmission industry.
Major operations of BALCO are in the town of Korba (Chhattisgarh), whereas its mines supplying high grade Bauxite are situated at Kawardha and Mainpat.
The smelter capacity (installed capacity 100 KTPA), based on Soderberg Process, is being revamped to produce 345 KTPA through modern Prebake Technology.
After disinvestment, a smelter of capacity 245 KTPA has been established in the year 2004.
The smelter plants are being supported by uninterrupted power supply through Captive Power Plants - 270 MW at Jamnipali, Korba and 540 MW at smelter site.
New power plant with rated capacity of 1200 MW is expected to commence production by the last quarter of 2011.
Finishing lines are capable of producing high quality Ingots, Wire Rods, Billets, Busbars and Rolled products.
BALCO has several FIRSTS to its credit in India
First integrated Aluminium Industry
First to have Captive Power Plant
First to venture into + 300 kA Prebake pots
First to produce Alloy Rods for conductors used in power transmission industry
First to roll material for Aerospace in the Country
First to produce largest Billet of diameter – 800 mm, length - 6 mt
First to set up the widest Hot Rolling Mill
To achieve global standards of excellence in productivity and customer satisfaction ”
To create a world-class Aluminium Company and generate strong financial results "
The BALCO culture finds expression in its five core values:
Commitment to Excellence
Commitment and Competence of People
Low Cost of Production
Our Group Companies
Vedanta Resources Plc.,Hindustan Zinc Ltd.Vedanta Aluminium Ltd (VAL)Madras Aluminium Company Ltd. (MALCO)Sterlite Industries (India) LtdKonkola Copper Mines Plc. (KCM) Copper Mines of Tasmania Sesa Goa Ltd. Sterlite Energy Ltd. The Lisheen Mine Skorpion Zinc
View More :http://www.balcoindia.com
You have searched for
- BALCO Model Question Papers
- BALCO Model Interview questions
- BALCO Model Interview Experience
- BALCO Solved papers
- BALCO Previous year model question papers
- BALCO selection procedure