ANZ -Model Placement Paper
1. In a circus there are five entertainers P, Q, R, S, T. There is a card player, a fire walker and a joker in the circus. T is the husband of a member of the circus and the two are the only married couple in the circus. Q is the brother of R. Q is neither a fire walker nor a joker. None of the women is either a card player or a joker. P and S are unmarried and neither of them is a card player or a fire walker or a joker.Which of the following entertainers is Ts wife?
2. Find out the one word among the options which cannot be formed by using the letters of the word as given in each question.
3. Question contains four scattered segments of a sentence. Indicate the sequence which correctly assembles the segments and completes the sentence.
1. which naturally lacks in conviction
2. but the theory too is interesting
3. though there is a great deal of theory without application
4. the successful application of any art is delightful
a. 4 2 3 1
b. 2 4 3 1
c. 3 4 1 2
d. 1 2 3 4
4. Choose the word or phrase which best completes the sentence.
Anil entered college .....when sixteen years were his a geat sixteen years age when he had sixteen year sat the age of sixteen
5. If * represents addition and $ represents subtraction, what is the value of the following expression?
5 * 15 $ 15 $ 10 $ 20 * 25 $ 35 * 25 $ 20 * 25 $ 10
6. Each question has a set of four statements. Each statement has three segments. Choose the alternative where the third segment in the statement can be logically deduced using both the preceding two, but not just from one of them.
A. No ghosts laugh; some who laugh are demons; some demons are not ghosts.
B. Some lunatic people are guitarists; all lunatic people are vocalists; some vocalists are guitarists.
C. All jesters are colorful; some jesters do not sing; some singers are not colorful.
D. Soccer players indulge in betting; those who bet are punished; those who are punished are not soccer players.
a. A and B only
b. C only
c. A only
d. A and D
7. Choose the best word/phrase to replace the underlined part in accordance with grammatical usage, wherever necessary.
We are looking forward to see you again.
a. forward to see
b. None of these
c. forward to seen
d. forward to seeing
8. Solve the following question:.
If Tanja is younger than Tarunya, Tanya is younger than Tobaiah and Tobaiah is as old as Tarunya then which of the following statements is necessarily true ?
a. Tanya is older than Tanja.
b. We cannot make any inference on the ages of Tanja and Tanya.
c. Tanja is as old as Tanya.
d. Tanja is older than Tanya.
9. Identify the pair of words which has a relationship similar to the pair in question.
a. Pale: Tale
b. Story : Epic
c. Habit : Old
d. Custom : Solemn
e. Foil : Toil
10. If $ represents addition and * represents subtraction, what is the value of the following expression?
15 * 5 $ 15 $ 10 $ 30 * 25 * 35 * 25 $ 20 * 25 * 20
11. In a certain code language if METRO is coded as NGWVT, then how will you cod MANGO
12. Choose the best word/phrase to replace the underlined part in accordance with grammatical usage, wherever necessary. In his middle age even he preferred working hard than to amusing himself.
a. Even in his middle age
b. In his middle age too
c. None of these
d. In his middle age even
13. Each question has a set of four statements. Each statement has three segments. Choose the alternative where the third segment in the statement can be logically deduced using both the preceding two, but not just from one of them.
A. No clerks cry; Some who cry are phoenixes; Some phoenixes are not clerks.
B. All dreams are colourful; Some dreams are not scary; Some that are scary are not colourful.
C. Jesters indulge in lying; Those who lie are crucified; Some who are crucified are not jesters.
D. Some modern artists are moody; All modern artists are gourmands; Some gourmands are moody.
a. D only
b. A and B
c. C only
d. A and D
14. Read the paragraph carefully and answer the questions below it.
(i) A,B,C,D,E,F and G are sitting on a wall and all of them are facing east.
(ii) C is on the immediate right of D.
(iii) B is at an extreme end and has E as his neighbour.
(iv) G is between E and F.
(v) D is sitting third from the south end.
Which of the following pairs of people are sitting at the extreme ends?
15. Identify the pair of words which has a relationship similar to the pair in question.
Crime : Accomplice
a. Journey : Train
b. Legislation : Parliament
c. Repair : Mechanic
d. Textbook: Co-author
16. Each question has a main statement followed by four statements labeled A, B, C and D. Choose the ordered pair of statements where the first statement implies the second and the two statements are logically consistent with the main statement.
Whenever Sam walked in the park, he noticed a rainbow.
A. Sam did not walk in the park.
B. Sam did not notice a rainbow.
C. Sam noticed a rainbow.
D. Sam walked in the park.
a. C D
b. A B and C D
c. A B
d. D C
17. There are 4 items presented here.
BGSRUTPEUPTRE; BGSRTUPEUPTRE; BGSRTUPEUPRTE; BSGRTUEPUPTRE
a. Mark 1, if only 1 item is different from others.
b. Mark 2, if 2 items are differerent from the remaining two.
c. Mark 3, all items are different.
d. Mark 4 if all items are the same and no item is different from the others.
18. Choose the best word/phrase to replace the underlined part in accordance with grammatical usage, wherever necessary.
Of the three branches of the armed service, the Air Force has been the more favoured in recent years.
a. has been the more
b. have been the most
c. have been the more
d. has been the most
19. What day of the week would be 26th March, 2023?
20. For each question in this section, select the best answer.
Now is an excellent time to invest in the catering business. A survey conducted by Weddings magazine found that 70 percent of the magazines readers want a catered wedding reception. An analysis of the catering industry, however, shows that the current number of caterers serve only 55 percent of the weddings likely to occur each year.Which of the following, if true, would undermine the validity of the investment advice in the paragraph above?
a. Only half of all catered wedding receptions include sit-down meals.
b. Approximately a quarter of all weddings take place without a reception.
c. The average wedding reception involves between 50 to 100 guests.
d. Only half of those who say they want to have a catered wedding actually have one.
21. Read the question below to answer the question.
A mobile is found in the bus. The driver asks two passengers A and B if they know the owner. A says I am the owner and B says I dont know the owner. The mobile does not belong to A". If one of them is lying, which of the following is true?
a. Cannot say
b. B is the owner.
c. A is the owner.
d. A is not the owner.
22. A sentence is broken up into four parts sequentially. Choose the part that has an error.
b. felt badly about
c. losing all his crop
d. The farmer
23. The following are the details of the score of 5 students in 5 subjects Hindi, Math, English, Science and Social Science. The maximum marks of the test in each of these subjects is 20.The highest scorer scored a total of 90 marks in all subjects put together. Mala got 13 in Math and Miralini 10 in Science. Malathis total was less than Malas. Malini is one of these 5 students. Madhuri got as many marks as Miralini. None got 20 marks in any subject. Who scored the highest total in all these subjects put together?
24. Answer each of these questions independently
From a bag containing 34 balls, one ball weighs 4 grams and all the other weigh 5 grams each. Using a simple balance where balls can be kept on either pan, what is the minimum weighs required to identify the defective ball?
25. Choose the word or phrase which best completes the sentence.
.........., he would have signed his name in the corner.
a. If Hussain had painted that picture
b. If Hussain would have painted that
c. If Hussain painted that picture
d. If Hussain paints that picture
26. A person starts from his office and goes towards his house. To reach his house, he has to follow the following directions: Travel 5km towards northeast from the office followed by 5km towards southeast; then travel 5km towards southwest followed 5km towards northwest. Approximately how far is the office from his house (in km)?
27. Each question below has a set of four statements. Each statement has three segments Choose the alternative where the third segment in the statement can be logically deduced from the preceding two.
A. Tarun is a graduate. A few graduates are artists. Tarun may be an artist.
B. Some graduates draw. Some graduates paint. All graduates are artists.
C. Arun is a painter. Sam is a writer. Some men are painters.
D. Authors are critics. Some critics write. No writer is an author.
a. None of these
b. Only B
c. Only A
d. Only C
28. Choose the best word/phrase to replace the underlined part in accordance with grammatical usage, wherever necessary.
In spite of all his faults I cannot but like him.
a. like him
b. liking him
c. but like him
d. but to like him
29. Direction for question: Answer the question based on the following alphanumeric series:
1 2 W R A 4 F 9 H T Q 7 O 4 U 5 V 8.
If the second half of the above series is reversed, how many such letters would you find which are immediately preceded by a letter and immediately followed by a number?
30. If $ represents addition and * represents subtraction, what is the value of the following expression?
15 * 5 $ 15 $ 10 $ 30 * 15 $ 35 * 25 $ 20 * 25 $ 10
31. Question below consists of a sentence, part or whole of which is underlined. From the choices given below, choose the option that follows rules of standard written English.
The Soviet Union has restricted its economy toward the goal of diminishing and to possibly replace United States influence.
a. possibly replacing
b. possibly to replace
c. to possibly replace
d. to replace possibly
32. There is an alarming growth of engineering and other professional colleges in the state. Several families are put into deep financial crisis because of the huge capitation fee demanded by professional institutions. It is high time we took stock of the number of students who continue to be unemployed or poorly employed after qualifying from these professional colleges.
Which of the following can be inferred from the passage above?
a. There are more number of colleges than expected, which collect capitation fee from students.
b. A sound policy of man-power planning and the corresponding growth of educational institutions, is lacking.
c. Industry is not taken into confidence while designing course curricula for professional colleges.
d. Educational policy makers and planners are unaware of the changing trends in professional education.
33. Direction for question: Answer the question based on the following alphanumeric series:
1 2 W R A 3 F 9 H T Q 7 O 4 U 5 V 8.
If the first half of the above series is reversed, and then all numericals taken out to form a series, then what would be 5th number in such a series ?
34. Question consists of few statements followed by options consisting of three statements put together in a specific order. Choose the option which indicates a valid argument, that is, where the third statement is a conclusion drawn from the preceding two.
A. No attendants are qualified.
B. Some nurses are qualified.
C. Some nurses are not qualified.
D. All nurses are attendants.
E. All attendants are qualified.
F. Some attendants are qualified.
HR Interview Questions:-
1. How was your day?
2. What was so interesting in the ppt?
3. Why LAMP course?
4. Why did you choose BTech?
5. What kind of books do you read?
6. What kind of music do you listen?
7. Tell me about your family.
8. Why do u prefer to join in all the locations? How flexible are you?
9. Where did you do your LAMP course?
10. Tell me about your project ( Really an important questions, they may
11. Tell me about yourself?
12. Why do you want to work for ANZ?
13. What do you know about ANZ?
14. Why should ANZ hire you?
15. What can you do for this company?