AIG Model Placement Paper
1. Find the nest term in series 25, 16, 9, 4, 1, 0, ?
Ans. (-1)^2 = 1
2. If (NM)2= RRM where N.M & R are distinct digits. Then possible values for R are
(d) none of these
Ans (b) -2
3. A man buys spirit at Rs. 60 per letter, adds water to it and then sells it at Rs. 75 per litter. What is the ratio of spirit to water if his profit in the feal is 37.5%?
(d) None of these.
Ans (b) 10.1
4. A certain quantity of petrol is found to be adulterated to the extent of 10%. What proportion of the adulterated petrol should be replaced with pure petrol to take the purity level to 98%?
(d) cannot be determined.
Ans (a) 80%
5. There is a family of six persons P,Q,R,S,T and U.They are Lawyer, Doctor, Teacher, Salesman, Engineer and Accountant. There are two married couples in the family. S, the salesman is married to the Lady Teacher. The Doctor is married to the Lawyer U, The Accountant is the son of Q and brother of T. R, the Lawyer is the daughter-in-law of P. T is the unmarried Engineer. P is the Grandmother of U. Which is the profession of P?
6. My mother gave me money to buy stamps of price 2paisa, 7 paisa,15 paisa, 10paisa and 20 paisa. I had to buy 5 each of three types and 6 each of the other 2 types . But on my way to the post office i forgot how many of stamps of each type were to be brought . My mother had given me rupees 3 . So i had no problem in finding out the exact amount of each one . Can you tell me which stamps were 5 in number , n whic were 6 in number
Ans . 5 stamps each of 2paisa, 7 paisa, 15 paisa
7. A man traveled a certain distance at the rate of 15 miles an hour and came back at the rate of 10 miles an hour. What is his average speed ?
Ans . 12 miles an hour
8. If the ratio of prod of 3 diff comps A B & C is 4:7:5 and of overall prod last yr was 4lac tones and if each comp had an increase of 20% in prod level this yr what is the prod of Comp B this yr?
9. If 70% of a no. is subtracted from itself it reduces to 81.what is two fifth of that no.?
10.If a certain sum of money at SI doubles itself in 5 yrs then what is d rate?
11. If radius of cylinder and sphere r same and vol of sphere and cylinder r same what is d ratio betn the radius and height of the cylinder
i. R= H
ii. R= (3/4)H
iii. R = (4/3)H
Direction for Qn 12-14
11. Five teams participated in Pepsi Cup. Each team played against each other. The top teams played finals. A win fetched 2 pts and a tie 1 point
1) South Africa were in the finals
2) India defeated SA but failed to reach the finals
3) Australia lost only one match in the tournament
4) The match between India and Sri Lanka was a tie
5) The undefeated team in the league matches lost in the finals
6) England was one of the best teams that did not qualify
12. Who were the finalists?
i. SA & India
ii. Aus & SL
iii. SA & SL
13. Who won the finals?
iv. Cant be determined
14. How many matches did India Win?
iv. cant be determined
15. Is the GDP of country X higher than Country Y?
i. GDPs of X and Y has been increasing at a compounded annual growth rate of 5% and 6% over he past 5 yrs
ii. 5 yrs ago GDP of X was 1.2 times Y
16. A boat can ferry 1500 passengers across a river in 12 hrs. How many round trips does it make during the journey?
i. The boat can carry 400 passengers at a time
ii. During its journey, the boat takes 40 mins time each way and 20 mins waiting time at each end.
17. What are the values of m and n?
i. n is an even integer, m is odd integer and m is greater than n.
ii. The product of m and n is 30.
18. Which is the combination by Erica?
a. Apples, cherries, Bananas
b. Apples, Cherries, Grapes
c. Apples, Grapes, Bananas
d. Cherries, Grapes, Bananas
19. (8*76+19*?-60) / (?*7*12+3-52)=1
20. 45 grinders brought @ 2215/-.transpot expense 2190/-.2760/- on octroi . Find SP/piece to make profit of 20%