Blood Relation Aptitude basics, practice questions, answers and explanations
Prepare for companies tests and interviews
In blood relations, we should know the relation between two persons by using the information given to you.
|1) Mother’s or Father’s father||
Grandfather(Maternal grandfather/Paternal grandfather).
|2) Mother’s or Father’s mother||
Grandmother(Maternal grandmother/Paternal grandmother)
|3) Mother’s or Father’s brother||
|4)Mother’s or Father’s Sister||
|5) Wife’s father or husband’s father||
|6) Wife’s mother or husband’s mother||
|9) Husband’s or wife’s brother||brother-in-law|
|10) Husband’s or wife’s sister||sister-in-law|
|11) Brother’s or sister’s son||nephew|
|12) Brother’s or sister’s daughter||niece|
|13) Uncle’s or Aunt’s son or daughter||cousin or first cousin|
|14) Son or daughter of the first cousin||second cousin|
Some more tips:
Grand father's (daughter-in-law) = Mother
Father's son = Brother
Father's daughter = Sister
Grand father's son = Father / Uncle
Grand father's only son(Same in the Case of Grand mother) = Father
Some of the notations of the Diagrammatic representation of family relations
1. When M is male
2. When N is female
Approach to Draw the family relations diagram
1) Identify the persons who are in the given information.
2) Identify who are male and who are female.
3) Determine the generations of family.
4) Identify the positions and generation of the family members and draw the diagram with relationships among family members using notations.
5) Once the diagram is filled you can Solution the given question.
1) Pointing to a man, a lady told his father is her mother’s uncle. How it’s the man related to the lady?
Solution: Mother’s Uncle = Grand father
Grand father’s son = Uncle
The man is uncle to the lady.
2) X, Y are brother and sister. C, D are wife and husband, X is son of C. F is sister of D. How is Y related to F?
Solution : Y is daughter of D. Since F is sister of D, Y is niece of F.